9 unpleasant aspects that Paris disappoints tourists
Perhaps, in any list of attractions that you need to visit at least once in your life, Paris is at the top of the list. People are attracted to the Eiffel tower, the Louvre, and Versailles. But behind the beautiful picture hides a harsh reality. We have collected 9 unpleasant aspects that Paris disappoints tourists with.
1. FrenchwomenNumerous books and films have formed a fairly bright and stable image of what the average French woman looks like. This is an elegant, well-groomed and self-aware girl in a beige coat, beautiful shoes,with a scarf around her neck and a beret. When you directly find yourself in Paris, you will be disappointed, because in reality, French women look completely normal. Many of them dress in the most ordinary clothes, sports suits and shapeless dresses. Young French women generally do not take care of themselves much, they do not do manicure, do not care for their hair, do not make up and do not focus on the figure.
But Mature French women really can be admired. By the age of 50, their style becomes more elegant, they begin to visit hairdressers and stylists, actively engaged in their appearance.
2. Eiffel towerOf course, going to Paris, everyone plans to visit its main attraction – the Eiffel tower. Before the trip, you probably imagined in colors how you go up to the observation deck, contemplating the city, which is spread out in front of you, as if in the palm of your hand, and then settle down for a picnic on the lawn near.
However, in reality, you will find a kilometer-long queue at the observation deck, a crowd of tourists who are trying to take photos and rusty ceilings of the structure. Well, with a picnic on the grass, you can fly at all, because people often gather near the tower for demonstrations, meetings, strikes. Also, according to information Novate.ru, this area is often closed for holidays. And the grass on the slopes near the Eiffel tower is almost gone, because it was trampled by crowds of the same vacationers.
3. Best photoActive users of social networks go to Paris for beautiful pictures. However, in fact, making a great shot in such a popular tourist city can be a problem with an asterisk. And all because the most beautiful places are always crowded and the chances of being in the frame alone are almost zero. In addition, for the sake of beautiful pictures, you will have to stand in line, which means that you will spend a lot of time. If you are all not ready to give up the idea of making a stunning photo shoot in the most romantic city, get ready for an early rise. Dawn is the only time when the streets are empty.
4. GarbageDespite the fact that the streets of Paris are washed and cleaned of garbage every day, the city is still very dirty. This is not surprising, because every day it is visited by thousands of tourists who leave behind a pile of papers, bags, food waste and dirt. Nevertheless, tourists, who often behave like pigs themselves, constantly complain that the French capital is very dirty. Therefore, if you are a sensitive and pedantic person, get ready to fight with aversion or go out for walks early.
5. ServiceAs you have already understood, no one in Paris suffers from a lack of visitors, so the service staff is not too nice to foreigners. In the capital, you may encounter a problem such as a lack of understanding of English. It’s not that the staff doesn’t know the language, they just ignore it. To avoid misunderstandings, you should learn a few basic words in French in advance, as well as download a good translator to your phone. And a good dictionary will not hurt you, because in some places there is no English-language menu.
6. Portions in restaurantsDo you want to enjoy a quality holiday in Paris and are going to eat in restaurants? In this case, the editorial Board Novate.ru it recommends that you prepare for large expenditures. The fact is that the food in establishments in Paris is quite expensive, but the portions themselves are very small. If you want to save a little on food, choose cafes located far from the city center and from the main attractions, pay attention to the items called “Dish of the day” and do not neglect shopping in the supermarket.
7. Queue at the Louvre
The Louvre is the second most popular place in Paris. If you decide to visit it, be sure that you will never forget this event. However, your memories may not be associated with amazing works of art, but with hours spent in line. Experienced tourists recommend buying tickets to the Louvre in advance, otherwise you will spend the first 3-5 hours standing in line at the ticket office, and then the same amount waiting for the opportunity to enter. By the way, even if you already have a purchased ticket, it is better to come to the Museum before it opens, then you will have a chance to be closer to the entrance, and not at the back of the queue.
8. MonaAs long-term practice has shown, most tourists come to the Louvre only to see the famous Mona Lisa. If you are one of them, bring your binoculars, because there are always crowds around this picture. Those who want to capture a masterpiece on camera will also be disappointed. First, photography is hindered by the glass that glares in the images. Second, the canvas is much smaller than you imagine. Finally, you will not be able to get close to the picture, because the approach is prohibited by the restrictive tape.
9. Immigrants and the marginalized
Recently, Paris has been overwhelmed by a wave of migrants. In the city center, they often accost tourists with demanding requests to buy something from them or simply provide financial assistance. When they are refused, they are rude and call names. However, in tourist areas the immigrants may not cause physical harm to tourists. However, in Paris, there are also disadvantaged areas where it is better not to go at all, especially after dark. The most dangerous are the area of the Northern and Eastern railway stations and the suburb of Saint-Denis.